Thursday, August 1, 2013

Moto Mama

Bernardo Asymmetrical Leather Moto Jacket

How amazing is this jacket?!?!?!  I'm kind of obsessed, and thanks to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it's now currently taking up residence in my closet!  These fabulous mid-80s temperatures this week + my fall shopping splurge has really made me looking forward to the fall!  I have been dying for a black leather jacket for a few years now, but have had such a hard time finding one that fits both my waist and the girls.  The asymmetry on the jacket really does the trick, and I can wear it full-zipped, half-zipped, or totally open, and it still looks great!  I plan to wear this with flowy maxi dresses or skinny jeans and long tunics...either way, I plan on wearing it a lot!

I also went ahead and picked up these faux leather leggings from Not Your Mother's Jeans.

NYMJ Faux Leather & Ponte Leggings
Now I know based on previous purchases that you must go one size down in NYMJ, so I ordered these in a size 8, but I think I still need to go down one size further.  The size 8s bunch up in the knees and around the ankles, and I like my leggings a little bit tighter than that.  That aside, I'm kind of in love with them.  They are thick, and the faux leather both looks and feels really nice.  Since they are so high-waisted with an elastic band (and of course, because they are leggings), I will only wear these with long sweaters, boyfriend shirts and tunics.  My rule for leggings is, if you can see your ass or your potential camel toe (ha!), then girlfriend get a longer shirt on!

As anxious as I am to try out my new garb, I'm not wishing fall here just yet.  One more day until August recess is officially here!  Bring on the relaxation for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment