Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Perks of the Job

photo courtesy of Stephen Crowley, The New York Times

President Obama was at the Capitol today meeting with Congressional Democrats.  Like I said, busy week!  Guess who was in the Thursday, August 1st The New York Times?!?!?!

Yes, I know, the picture below is sub-par, so please excuse my meager attempts to artistically correct a blurry photo.  What can I say, the man moves quickly.  The second is a much better shot with Majority Leader Reid--thanks Todd Zwillich!



 
This is the part of the job which I love most.  Not so much who I end up seeing (but hey--being a foot away from the President isn't too shabby), but the actual planning and executing press coverage for events.  It keeps me on my toes, keeps me energized, and keeps me motivated.  My dad always said, "It doesn't feel like a job if you're loving what you do."  Today, busy as it was, didn't feel like a job.  It just felt like a good day as a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment