Monday, July 29, 2013

My favorite DVF

My favorite DVF dress.
One of the hardest parts of dressing for an exaggerated hourglass figure is finding clothing that both covers the girls, but is fitted in the waist enough to give you a proper shape.  And one of the best solutions for this is the simple wrap dress.

I bought this Diane Von Furstenberg dress on deep discount (as I do with all my designer-wear) about six years ago, and it is still as timeless and wearable as it was when I purchased it.  Worth every penny.  The key to finding the perfect wrap dress is 1) length (for me, must hit right above the knees), 2) room at the top (must cover the girls enough that I only need a simple slip under it to cover up cleavage), and 3) that it is a real wrap dress.  Let me expand on 3...there are a ton of "wrap" dresses out there that are only half wraps.  They are sewn on the inside on one side, and wrap with the other.  For me, the problem with these type of "wrap" dresses is that you can only partially control how small you can make the waist.  So to actually have it fit in the waist, I have to buy a size down, which don't fit in the top.  And the vicious cycle continues...

As a girl who is almost always in a dress, wrap dresses are some of my very favorites.  They are comfortable, fit great, and so easy to wear.  If only I didn't need to wear a jacket/suit most days of the week, or I would live in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment