Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hey Mrs. Carter!

Whew, this week has been busy!  Monday night I went to see the fabulous Beyonce, and even though my seats were a million miles away from the stage, still had an incredible time.  She might just be the most beautiful woman in the world.  Stunning!  And we all know she can belt it out like no one else, but the girl can break it down too.  Great show.  I got in touch with my inner diva for the week, for sure.

For me, dressing for concerts is one of the toughest things to do.  I want to be stylish, yet comfortable, since I'll be on my feet dancing for at least two hours.   And this wasn't just another outdoor show at Merriweather...sandals and a sundress just wasn't going to cut it for the Mrs. Carter Show.  Since I was in a hurry changing from work outfit to Beyonce outfit, I went with my favorite standby--a simple black cotton sheath that I can dress up or dress down.


Note: I've lost a bit of weight recently, so my clothes are all in need of a visit to my tailor!  Good news for a healthier me, bad news for my wallet.  Any suggestions for an affordable but good DC-area tailor are welcomed!

I ended up dressing this up with a rhinestone statement necklace and Tory Burch crossbody clutch.  Nothing too diva-ish for the night, but I thought just enough to celebrate Beyonce with the respect she deserves!  And the best part--I was comfortable dancing all night long.

2 comments:

  1. i don't know if they do tailoring, but i went to green and blue in dupont to redo my mom's wedding dress for my wedding. they did an awesome job and it was cheap for a wedding dress. don't know if that will translate to regular clothes but i liked them! - megan

    ReplyDelete