Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Reading


Now that it is finally August recess, I get a break from my crazy and hectic work schedule, and get to relax a bit.  Next week, I'll be taking the week off and hopefully be spending many hours by the pool.  You have no idea how excited I am to just lay in the sun and catch up on some reading.

I recently just finished "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg and "Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald" by Therese Anne Fowler for my book club.  Both were excellent and I highly recommend them.  We haven't yet decided what yet to read for book club, but I do have a few other books that I need to dive into.  "A Dance with Dragons" by George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones, book 5--yes, I am part nerd) is among the top of my list, but this epic novel may be too much to take on right now.  I thought about picking up "This Town" by Mark Leibovich, but want to put aside politics for the month.  I've heard that "Serena" by Ron Rash is great, and is also coming out in theaters this fall with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, so I'd love to read it before I see it.  I've also thought about catching up on "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" by Joan Didion or finally finishing the second Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book, "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson.  That was one of those books which I started, put down, and now it's been so long that I need to start it all over.  But I have time for that--it's August!

What books have you recently read and recommend?  I always enjoy talking books and hearing great book recommendations, so feel free to contact me if you ever have a great one I need to pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment