Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

Robert Randolph & the Family Band at 9:30 Club
Have you figured out yet that I love live music?  Friday night I went to see one of my favorite live shows, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, at the 9:30 Club.  As always, he did not disappoint!  In fact, he didn't want to stop playing...after his second encore, the 9:30 managers had to make him get off the stage because they had a late night DJ coming in.  Boo!  But he was awesome, and thanks to my friend Chris, we got prime spots in the VIP booth to dance the night away.  Huge score!


I also hit up Paolo's this weekend, one of my very favorite spots in Georgetown.  My new favorite is their Seafood Salad...delicious, light and filling!  Probably should have eaten a bit more bread that night though, because one too many glasses of wine led me to George later on that night, which always ends in trouble!

I wore my new favorite Razorback Red dress that night...what do you think?  It's from Banana Republic and unfortunately no longer available, which is a shame because I love it so much I wanted to scoop it up in a few more colors.  It is super comfortable and the cut is perfect for me...exactly what buxom girls should look for in a dress.  It has a defined, natural waist line, room enough at the top for the girls, and the skirt floats nicely over the hips without making them look too wide.  And bonus, I don't have to wear my Spanx with it!

If you're from the South, then you know that football season is just around the corner, and this is the perfect game day dress!  Yes, in the South, we wear dresses to football games!  And a girl from Arkansas can never have too many Razorback Red ones hanging in her closet!  Sadly, I won't be making it home for any games this year, but be certain I'll be wearing this to a watch party or three this fall!






No comments:

Post a Comment