Friday, August 2, 2013

African Black Soap

Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Body Wash

Like so many 30-somethings, I struggle with the annoying problem of adult acne.  Not only have I had to worry about fine lines and hyperpigmentation as I've gotten older, but also crazy hormones that wreck havoc on my skin.  I use medication and have a very strict skin care regimen: Yes to Cucumbers Face Wipes, Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Wash, Clarisonic Mia w/Sensitive Skin brush, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate (once a week), Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner, Murad Essential-C Day Moisture, and prescription Clindamycin gel.  At night, I wash, put on my prescription Tazorac and then use RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream and moisturize with extra virgin organic coconut oil.  I have tried so many products and finally fine tuned my routine with these great products which really work for me, but even so, my face has lately still looked a bit dull with sporadic breakouts.

I have heard so many good things about African Black Soap from bloggers and beauty editors throughout the years (Capitol Hill Style's Belle has touted it many times), so when I saw Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Body Wash in Target last week, I decided to give it a try.  Quite simply, I am in love with this product.  Never have I had almost an overnight improvement in my skin until I tried this product.  It is cleaner, calmer and smoother than it has been in years, and I've only been using it for a week!  I've been using it as my nighttime cleanser, and to thoroughly test it, I've even refrained from most of my other topic medications this week...so you know this is the real deal!  I like it so much, I may have to test out the rest of the products in Shea Moisture's line.  What is your go-to skin care product?

No comments:

Post a Comment