Friday, August 16, 2013

Sunburst

Martha Stewart Living Metal Antique Gold Frame Mirror


If you know me at all, then you know that I am a bargain hunter.  People are often surprised to find out how low-budget my condo actually is.  My furniture is either IKEA, Target, West Elm or TJ Maxx/Homegoods...nothing fancy, but I have found that basic, modern pieces look good when they blend easy into the background of a home, making my art, curtains, books, vignettes, and a few statement pieces that I have be the real stars of my home.

Art and mirrors can be pricey, but recently I found a steal for my bedroom--my fabulous sunburst mirror from Home Depot!  Of course, it's from the fabulous Martha Stewart collection, and the best part--it's only $35!  I had been searching for the perfect one for years now, but all that I had found and liked have been hundreds of dollars (way out of my budget).

The key is to watch for what you are looking for and look everywhere.  Almost daily, I look at blogs and design magazines to get inspiration, then search flash sale sites (such as One Kings Lane, Joss and Main, and Gilt), etsy.com, antique and vintage stores, brand name box stores and even eBay to find similar products, or those I can hack to make my own, at lower prices.  Sometimes I get lucky, and other times not, but I feel I hit the jackpot with this mirror.  It is the perfect fit for over my bed, and definitely completes my bedroom.  Totally worth the 30 minute drive to pick it up, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Well, looks like I'm going to have to order this today! That's such a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a steal! You will love it!

      Delete