Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

Ladies night with my favorite mommas!

Finally back in DC!  My pap is doing better, and we moved him at the end of last week to a rehabilitation hospital to continue his treatment and get him stronger.  Jazzmin is still working every day to get stronger, and hopes to also move to rehab soon.  Thank you so much for your support and prayers for my family...it means the world to me!

This weekend was a bit low key.  A few weeks ago, I discovered that I have among other knee injuries a torn meniscus, and I've been in some pretty bad pain lately, so I took off Friday night to relax and ice, ice, ice that knee!  Saturday morning, I woke up and headed to see my friend Carey, the very best hair stylist in DC, at Salon L'Eau in Georgetown for a cut and color.  Isn't it amazing what a trip to the salon can do for a girl's morale?  Wonders!  I then went on a hunt for the most awesome leather skirt I've ever bought.  Four phone calls, two stores, and three hours later, I am now the owner of this amazingness:


Sorry ladies, it is completely sold out online, so good luck finding it!
 
Saturday night, I had a girls' night out with two of my favorite mommas, Jennifer and Erin.  Dinner on the patio at Cashion's Eat Place was delicious and then since it was such a beautiful night, we took a short walk down to Connecticut Avenue for a few too many more drinks.  It was very much needed after such a long, not so great week.  Lots of bubbly = a pretty lazy Sunday...just cuddled up on the couch and finished a book.  I was so bad at taking photos this weekend...must work on remembering to do so!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment