Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


This weekend was the National Book Festival, which took place on the National Mall.  I volunteered on Sunday, and it turned out to be a gorgeous day and a big success!  If you've never been, I strongly encourage you to come out next year.  There are authors of all genres that sign books, speak, give readings and there is also a ton of activities for kids too.  Such a great event thrown by the Library of Congress with the help of the Junior League of Washington.

The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back, perfect since I was still in a bit of recovery mode from the wedding the weekend before.  I sadly watched the Razorbacks blow a huge lead and lose to Rutgers on Saturday, but I went to one of my favorites, Bistro du Coin, later that night to eat and drink it off.  All in all, another great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment