Monday, September 16, 2013

Washington Navy Yard


I got back home late last night, so my Weekend Wrap-Up will have to post tomorrow.  For now, I am shocked and saddened by the news this morning of the shooting at the Washington Navy Yard.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and all associated with the Navy Yard.  Those of us who work in the U.S. Capitol and its campus are safe, and I thank you that have reached out and checked on me this morning.  Security has tightened, and with this incident, and the 9/11 anniversary last week, I am once again reminded of the threats against us and am thankful for our Capitol Police and security and intelligence forces who work each day to protect us from such threats.  I'm working with a heavy heart this morning as our neighbors are in harms way, and ask that you to say extra prayers today for those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment