Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mission Accomplished!

Ralph Lauren coat (coloring is off, but you get the idea)

I'm working yet another overnight shift here at the U.S. Capitol--two in one week...I apologize ahead of time family and friends in Arkansas--so thought I'd give you an update on my hunt for the perfect new coat.

I got a second last night to sneak out to Bloomingdales!  The good news is that they had the coat I was searching for.  The bad news was that the size was way too big, and the coat itself ended up being not as awesome as the photo showed.  The best news is that I found another one, for $200 off the original price!  Huge score!

What do you think?  I originally wanted a new camel coat anyway, but didn't see any online that I loved.  This one does not have buttons, but I think because it is just a tie-waist helps the fit on me.  Us buxom ladies have a hard time getting the fit in both the chest and the waist, so the lack of buttons up top are perfect for me.  It's a wool/cashmere blend, so it is super soft and cozy.  The best part about it...it's a size 6! I haven't been that size since high school! I know that vanity sizing is out of control these days, but I'll take it!  I am debating whether or not to take it to the tailor and get a few inches trimmed off the bottom...opinions on that?

Anyway, in case you are in the last minute gift buying frenzy, Bloomingdales has an additional 15-20% off everything, so my coat ended up being almost 60% off.  Also, just wanted to let you know that I was misinformed about the coat drive at Georgetown Hospital.  I went in this morning to drop off four coats, and they said that the last drop-off time was this morning.  If anyone knows of another coat drive in DC, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment