Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!



Happy birthday to me!  I am currently writing this at work in the wee hours of the morning, ringing in my 34th year of life during a super late night of voting in the United States Capitol.  It's funny, the way things work when you get older.  A younger version of me would have held a pity party and this would have ruined my day.  But you know what, even though I am mentioning it, my attitude is that it is what it is.  My job is pretty much my life, and for now, I am okay with that. 

Funny, too, because that pretty much sums up my attitude with this birthday.  Yes, I have officially reached my mid-30s, but once again--I am okay with that.  I don't look 34, I don't act 34, and for the first time ever, I feel like I am starting to come around to a peaceful and content feeling about my life.  Not in a million years would this have been the script I would have written for myself when I was a little girl, but it is the script that God had written for me, and I trust and accept that plan, wherever it may lead me.  It's a refreshing feeling to let go of all the worry and stress of where I think I should be and to just let my life unfold as it is supposed to. 

So yes, I will be spending my birthday a bit backwards--working the wee hours of the morning and finally sleeping when most are getting their day started--but I will wake to some of my best friends coming in town, and drinks and dinner and wonderful celebration with those wonderful ladies.  I'd say I am pretty blessed really. 

You know what?  Bring it on 34. I think you're going to look pretty damn good on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment