Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shoes Blues

So long, old friend. You will be missed.
Well, it seems that my favorite shoes of all time must finally be retired.  Think I've worn them down to the bone?  Ha!  I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't notice how bad they had gotten and I've been walking around like this for a few weeks now.  The sad part of this story is that Cole Haan no longer makes these Nike Air leopard pumps, so I'm on the hunt for a new pair. 

Trouble is, all the replacements I have found are so damn expensive!  I thought I might find some on sale considering that Spring should be around the corner, but no such luck.  So far, these are my favorites below.  If you have any recommendations, please let me know! 


J.Crew Collection Valentina Calf Hair d'Orsay pumps--These are pretty, but not sure if I want a d'Orsay pump.  I haven't bought a pair of J.Crew shoes in a few years, but the price seems a bit ridiculous for the quality of J.Crew lately.  Next.


Kate Spade Karolina Pump--Of all the shoes I found, these Kate Spade pumps look the most like my Cole Haan pair.  Again, haven't bought Kate Spade shoes in years, but the last pair I had were excrutiating to wear for more than five minutes.  Hmm, maybe not.


Donald J Pliner Pointed Toe Pumps - Brave Leopard High Heel--These are reasonably priced, and a good height, but not sure about the metallic heel.  They might warrant a closer look though.  Definitely a good option to try on.


L.K. Bennett Pointed Toe Pumps - Florete High Heel--I've never worn L.K. Bennett, but hey, if the Duchess of Cambridge can prance around in these for hours, then I'm sure they will hold up well on the marble floors of the U.S. Capitol.  Not holding my breathe, but these just might be the winners.



Manolo Blahnik BB Suede 90mm Pump--Unless of course, I win the lottery, in which I will be ordering these babies.  Made to Order, straight from Paris.  Then again, for that kind of craftmanship, I have to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery.  Not sure I am that patient.  Even for these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment