Thursday, February 6, 2014

Olympic Junkie


I don't know about y'all, but when it comes to the Olympics, I am completely addicted.  Doesn't matter if it's the Summer or Winter games, once the torch is lit I am glued to the TV until the closing ceremony.  Oh yeah, and I end up crying at least once a night.  What can I say--the pursuit of victory just gets to me.

So of course, I've been watching all of the NBC promo shows this week leading up to today's first events.  Last night, the show was "How to Raise an Olympian," and there was one story in particular had me tearing up before the games even started.  It was on Amy Purdy, a Paralympian snowboarder, and how she came back from an illness with an almost 2% survival rate, lost both her legs, and is now an Olympian.  Truly inspiring, and I hope they air her competition for the world to see. 

For those of you that missed it, here is a link to an interview with her. And below is a Poptech talk she gave--such an inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment