Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dream Gowns

Donna Karan Resort Collection
Hello my pretties, did you miss me?  I have been working on an important project the past few weeks that have taken up all of my extra time and attention, but finally finished today.  Hooray! 

Now on to the important topic--gala season.  It is officially upon us in our nation's capital!  With DC's dreary winter lingering, it seems a daunting task to get all dolled and head out for a night on the town.  Thanks to my ever shrinking size (praise the Lord), I am running out of clothing options in my closet.  To tailor or just rebuy everything is a topic for another day, but for now I must find a gown that fits me, and in a hurry!  This Saturday I am attending DAR's Sweethearts and Patriots Gala, to benefit Luke's Wings, which supports service members who have been wounded in battle.  Such a wonderful cause, and who knows, maybe if I find the perfect gown, I might just have a hero of my own by the end of the night.

Budget is my problem, so if anyone knows of any great sales out there, please fill me in!  But since it's a dreary, rainy day, I think today I'll daydream of walking in wearing one of these beautiful creations, starting with the incredible Donna Karan above.  How perfect is this dress for a sweetheart theme gala?  I would be in heaven wearing that amazing gown.  Heaven!  This one below is also stunning.


Also loving this Halston Heritage gown, which although on sale and somewhat in my price range, is only available in a size 2.  Le sigh.  Maybe next year.  The silhouette is perfect for an hourglass figure. 

Halston Heritage Velvet Striped Gown
The ultimate splurge?  I could always pre-order this gorgeous Alexander McQueen for a mere $6,200. 

Alexander McQueen Feather-Print Strapless Chiffon Gown

Then again, maybe I should shop my closet just one more time.  Seems just a tad more economical, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment