Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween DIY on a Budget



Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays.  And typically, I mean business when it comes to my Halloween costume.  But this year, I need to save my pennies and have a very low budget Halloween, which means shopping my closet and getting creative.  I had the perfect costume figured out and ready to go for about a month now, but realized that I would have to purchase almost every piece to this genius idea (of course I won't tell, might save it for next year!), and now I'm back to square one.

So after a frantic DIY Halloween costume Google search last night, I've come up with a few cute and easy alternatives that I think are still me-worthy.  I have two parties to dress up for, so may have to choose two of the options below:

1. Olympic Gymnast--Yoga pants, grey warm-up jacket, hair slicked back in a bun...all I need is yellow roses, a US Olympic badge to put on my grey jacket and a gold medal and I'm good to go.  Yeah, so I don't have the body for it...does that really matter?



2.  Scarecrow--I have the floppy straw hat, the flannel shirt, the jeans (or cutoffs), the cowboy boots...just need to get some straw and costume makeup, and I'll be set.


3.  Toddlers & Tiaras--This costume has actually been on my reserve list for a few years now, and it might just be time to finally call it up.  Just need a tiara, pacifier, tutu and make a glittery sash.  Might be better as a group costume though.  We shall see.


4.  Wonder Woman--One of my favorite characters ever!  I've seen a few different variations of this DIY costume, all great, but this one below looks comfortable and easy.  Just need to get some red tube socks, tutu, WW logo for my shirt and make the tiara.  Easy and adorable




Decisions, decisions...what do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I like the toddlers and tiaras costume. Clever and funny...plus, who doesn't love a tutu!!

    ReplyDelete