Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Oscars



I'm guessing that by now, you all think that my favorite dress of the night was the amazing Lupita Nyong'o, right?  Well, although I thought she looked absolutely amazing, there was one queen of the night that took her best dressed title--Cate Blanchett.  She is what a movie star should look like.  Absolutely stunning, and fitting that she also took home the Best Actress statue.


A few of my other favorites--the silver medal goes to Lupita.  The color was gorgeous, and I loved how it flowed...very princess-like.


The bronze medal goes to Sandra Bullock.  I absolutely love this color on her--perfect for brunettes with her coloring--and her hair and smokey eye was the perfect compliment to the gown.


Honorable mention goes to Charlize Theron.  Since I missed watching the red carpet, I didn't realize that the gown actually had nude straps until I saw the pictures.  Watching her onstage, I thought that the sweetheart neckline was a bit severe, but with the nude straps, it totally works.  She really can do no wrong, and once again knocked it out of the park with this choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment