Friday, November 22, 2013

Overload



This most definitely needs to be my new mantra.  Although I don't bask in the "importance" of being busy, it seems that this is my excuse more and more for not doing what I need/want/love to do.  Visiting with family and friends, spending more time on creative endeavors, etc...being "busy" is a great excuse not to get to these things, right?  The thing is, everyone is busy, and yes, some have more crunched days than others.  But rather than using this as an excuse, I need to recognize the blessings of my job and commitments, keep moving, and schedule my time wisely so that I can live a much fuller life.

That said, I have been a horrible blogger this week, but finally, the work week is over for me, and in a few short hours, I will be on a week-long Thanksgiving vacation.  So needed, and I cannot wait to sit back, relax and catch with my family (and focus on rethinking my "busy" way of life).  On the top of my list is to catch up on some reading, and the first thing will be flipping through this enormous collaboration of holiday gift guide from bloggers way more notable than me.  (Check out my friend Lindsay's suggestions on pages 158-159!)  This 214-pager literally has gift suggestions for everyone under the sun, and I have already started to find a few things to add to my wish list as well.

Enjoy the weekend, and if you are traveling, be safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment